* I have Early Years Professional Status (EYPS) This is the highest qualification/status currently available in early years childcare (0-5 years).
I studied the following level 6 modules with the University of Northampton alongside my EYPS:
* Developing as an early years professional
* Leadership, management and support in children's services
* I have an NVQ Level 3 in Children's Care, Learning and Development.
I have the following childcare qualifications, these are mandatory to work as a childminder:
* Paediatric First Aid (Level 2) - March 2010 & renewed March 2013 (valid for 3 years)
* Introduction to Homebased Childcare (Unit 1)
* Introduction to the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
I have also attended the following additional courses:
* Makaton Taster Course
* Letters and Sounds (EYFS course)
* Every Child a Talker (ECaT) and Confident Communicators
* Equal Opportunities (Equality and Diversity in Childcare)
* NSPCC Child Protection - August 2012 (valid for 3 years)
* University of Northampton Child Protection Workshop
* Food Hygiene (Level 2) - January 2013 (valid for 3 years)
* Supporting Individual Children
* Achieving Outstanding Practice (Childminder Matters Conference)
* Advanced Equality and Diversity
* Working with Vulnerable Families
* How Children See Us
I have been CRB checked and am Ofsted Registered, rated as 'Outstanding' by Ofsted in September 2013.
I am also a member of PACEY (formerly NCMA).
I also have a Degree in Graphic Design, 3 A levels, 1 AS level & 10 GCSEs.
Before my eldest daughter was born in 2008 I worked as a Graphic Designer. I decided to change my career in order to be able to spend more time at home with my daughter. As I had worked at a nursery and as a nanny in the past, I decided that becoming a childminder was the perfect job for me!
In addition to working as a childminder since July 2010, I have four years experience in working in a nursery environment, working part time whilst I was at University and which I increased to full time during holidays. I have also worked as a nanny & also as a mother's helper for two families. In 2004 I spent two months working at a 'Camp America' summer camp in New Hampshire, USA, working with children from 'difficult backgrounds' including foster care, and also children with special needs. These children were aged 6-14 years.